Aoife pomp’s or split soled pomp’s are generally favoured by advanced, professional and open dancers. If you are migrating from a full leather outsole pomp please be advised that the Aoife will fit neater and tighter, you want the foot to look slim, pointed and incredibly neat.
Aoife pomps should be worn a size smaller than your street size and remember that all our sizes are in UK sizes. The pomp should have no room at the toe and should be pulled up at the heel (very important) before lacing and shaping around the ankle
- Black suede spilt sole
- impact poron insoles which absorbs 85% of the impact
- Very comfortable and neat fit
- Popular with Intermediate and Open Championship dancers.
- Our soft pomps are designed to fit to your regular shoe size.
- For a tighter and more professional fit most dancers go down a full shoe size.
- Choose the size corresponding to that measurement from the table shown on the images.
If you are unsure of the shoe size you require, we recommend that you draw around your foot on a plain piece of paper and measure between its two longest points (heel to big toe) in centimetres.
For Example; Foot Length = 17.35cm = UK Size = Size 10 Child
The fitting of the pomp will feel tight initially but the soft and supple leather will stretch slightly. This is why a lot of really excellent dancers go down 2 sizes. They will essentially stretch the pomp to the fit and contour of their feet. As with any shoes, remember the fit is always a personal preference.
Please Note – Every dancer prefers their pumps to fit in a certain way. Some like them extra tight, others with a little room. Combine this with the fact that everyone’s feet are unique in terms of width, length, arch type and height and you can see why pump fitting can be difficult. Hence we only offer this sizing chart as a guide rather than a guaranteed fit.